I love essential oils. And one of my favorite essential oil blends a protective blend. It contains orange, clove, cinnamon bark, eucalyptu, and rosemary and is formulated to support a healthy immune system. During cold and flu season I use this protective blend on a regular basis in a variety of ways to help boost our immune systems and protect against flu, colds, and viruses.
Make Antibacterial Hand Soap
We all know hand washing is an important step in minimizing the spread of germs. You can use the protective blend of essential oils to make your own antibacterial hand soap. You can reuse foaming soap dispensers and make a foaming hand soap. Here’s how:
- Fill your foaming soap dispenser almost to the top with water.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid castile soap
- Add 10-15 drops protective blend essential oil
Apply On Guard Topically
To keep immunity up during cold and flu season, apply protective blend to the bottoms of feet each night before bed. It’s easy and should become a part of your nightly routine. If anyone’s getting sick, simply apply it more frequently throughout the day..
Dilute 3 drops protective blend to 1 tsp. carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil or olive oil) and store in a roll-on bottle so it’s ready to apply whenever needed. For a sore throat, apply this diluted blend directly on your throat.
Making a room spray is a simple way to enjoy the aromatic benefits of essential oils. Fill a small glass spray bottle about 3/4 full with distilled water. Add 15-20 drops protective blend. Use when you need to freshen things up, or just when you want to enjoy a nice smelling home.
Make a Disinfecting Cleaner
If you make your own all purpose cleaner using vinegar and water (mix vinegar and water together in a spray bottle using a 1:1 ratio), simply add in 10-15 drops of protective blend to give it some extra anti-bacterial cleaning power. This will also help if you’re not a huge fan of the smell of vinegar. Sometimes I just add a couple drops of protective blend to my sponge to wipe down the counter if I’m just doing a quick counter top wipe-down.
Make a Hand Sanitizer
Using a small glass spray bottle:
- Fill 3/4 full with witch hazel.
- Add aloe vera gel (I use approx. 1 teaspoon in a 2 oz. bottle)
- Add protective blend essential oil (I use 10-15 drops in a 2 oz. bottle)
- Shake well to combine.
- (Witch hazel: Witch hazel has anti-bacterial and astringent properties, which makes it great for use in a hand sanitizer. You can dilute it with water for sensitive skin.Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is moisurizing and will keep hands from drying out. Your hands will feel nice and soft after using this this hand sanitizer spray. Just make sure you use 100% aloe vera.)
Diffuse Protective Blend in Your Home
I love, love, love the smell of protective blend. It reminds me of fall and Christmas. During the cold and flu season diffuse protective blend frequently to build your immune systems.
There are several other protective blend products including Cleaner Concentrate, Whitening Toothpaste, and Foaming Hand Soap (if you don’t want to make your own). For more information on this or any other essential oil, email me at email@example.com